- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon light vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon Asian hot chili oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- A few dashes Thai fish sauce (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 cups fresh basil (about 40 leaves)
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- A handful of cilantro
Start rice according to package directions.
While the oils are heating in a large, nonstick skillet or wok over high heat, cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken and stir fry until golden, 2-3 minutes. Push chicken off to sides of the skillet, and add onions and peppers to the center of the pan. Stir fry 2-3 minutes, then combine with meat.
Add the garlic, bean sprouts and pepper; stir 1 minute and then add the Tamari and fish sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste and wilt in basil. Remove from heat and serve over rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.