- 1 can Alaskan salmon (14 ounces), drained and flaked
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs (3 generous handfuls)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- Couple handfuls grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
To flaked salmon, add egg whites, parsley, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, 2/3 of the total amount of chopped garlic, the breadcrumbs and lots of black pepper and a little salt. Mix together and form four large patties or eight mini patties.
To a salad bowl, add the remaining zest and lemon juice, remaining garlic, chopped anchovies, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire. Whisk in about 1/4 cup EVOO and cheese. Add lots of black pepper, no salt. Add shredded lettuces to the bowl and toss to coat evenly. Now, season the slaw with salt to taste, if necessary.
Pre-heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook salmon patties 2-3 minutes on each side for mini patties, 4 minutes on each side for large patties.
Serve salmon patties on top of the Caesar Slaw.