- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core removed and lettuce chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 vine-ripe tomatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- Salt and pepper
Combine the lettuce, onion and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and vinegar. Whisk in the EVOO in a slow stream. Stir the relish into the dressing, then pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve.