- 1/2 stick butter, plus some for the bottom of the baking dish
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, toasted and buttered then finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 1/2 cups canned or fresh lump crabmeat, cleaned of shell and cartilage
- 4 sole fillets (about 8-10 ounces each)
- Juice of 1 lemon
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Cook the onion, shallot, garlic, celery, red pepper and parsley until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
Reserve some of the cooked veggies for the bottom of the baking dish. Deglaze the pan with white wine and let cook for another minute. Add the bread, salt, freshly ground black pepper and thyme. Mix to combine thoroughly. Gently fold in the crab meat.
Rinse and pat dry the sole fillets. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice on the filets. Spread the stuffing along the filet and roll it up.
Place reserved cooked veggies in the bottom of a buttered baking dish. Place the rolled up sole filets, seam side down, on top of the veggies.