- 1 1/2 cups all-natural applesauce
- 1/2 cup good quality whole berry cranberry sauce, such as Ocean Spray brand, available in tubs on the canned fruit aisle at the grocery strore
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 pints French vanilla reduced fat ice cream
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped, toasted pecans, available on the baking aisle at the grocery store
Warm the apple and cranberry sauces in the microwave or in a small pot over low heat and season with cinnamon and orange zest. Place a little cran-applesauce in the bottom of a sundae dish, then top with two scoops ice cream, more sauce and a small dollop of whipped cream. Garnish with a few chopped pecans.