- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10-12 cups red chard (2 bunches trimmed and coarsely chopped)
- Grated nutmeg, to your taste
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
Make sure your greens are very dry before preparing this recipe. Also, wash and chop them right when you come back from the grocery store; that way, they are ready for you to cook up even more quickly.
Heat the EVOO in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and toss for 2 minutes, then add the chard in bunches and keep it moving as it wilts up a bit - you are just searing it up. The greens should remain crisp and crunchy. Wilting them all and searing them up should take no more than 3-4 minutes. Season the greens with nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste.
Douse the pan with a little vinegar and remove from the heat. Toss to cook off the vinegar and serve the greens hot.