- 1 prepared pound cake, from bakery section or frozen foods (defrosted)
- 3 ounces sambuca or other anise liqueur
- 1/2 pint strawberries, halved or sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Chocolate syrup, for drizzling
- 1 bar good quality dark bittersweet chocolate
Place two-inch thick slices of pound cake on dessert plates. Douse cake slices with sambuca or other anise liqueur.
Slice berries and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar; toss and reserve.
Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
Top cake with berries and with whipped cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup in a zigzag pattern over the top. Using a vegetable peeler, shave dark chocolate over each dessert plate and serve.