- 3 sheets phyllo dough (13 x 17-inch)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
- A drizzle of honey, for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
Spread parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Top with a layer of phyllo and brush with butter or, using a spritz bottle, spray with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon and cover the sheet of pastry 1/3 cup of the sugar mixture. Repeat with two more layers of pastry, then top with the finely chopped walnuts. Cut pastry into 3-inch squares with a sharp paring knife. Cover the pastry with another sheet of parchment paper and another cookie sheet. Place pastry in hot oven and bake 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm squares of pastry with ice cream and a drizzle of honey.