- 12 fresh or dried figs, split
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- A drizzle balsamic vinegar
- A drizzle extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 24 slices pancetta, available at deli counter
- 1 package 3- or 4-inch wooden party picks (satay sticks)
If using fresh figs, proceed to the pre-heat section of the instructions. If using dried figs, place a small pan of water on stove and bring to a simmer. Add figs and plump them in water for five minutes. Drain and cool.
Pre-heat griddle or grill pan over medium to high heat.
Cut chicken into large chunks: cut a tenderloin in half or cut a thigh into three chunks. Drizzle chicken with balsamic and EVOO and toss to coat. Wash hands after handling raw poultry. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place a half fig on each piece of chicken and wrap with one slice of pancetta. Skewer to secure and place on grill. Wash hands again after handling raw meat.
Grill chicken bites 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve on a platter and enjoy!