- 2 bulbs endive, trimmed and sliced
- 2 hearts of romaine, trimmed and chopped
- 2 radicchio, cored and sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel and a few fronds – fronds chopped, fennel cored and thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (eyeball it)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
Combine all the lettuces in a large salad bowl.
Place the fennel fronds in a small bowl. Zest the orange over the fronds and add the shallot. Add the vinegar to the shallot and let stand for 10 minutes.
Peel the orange and chop it. Add the sliced fennel and oranges to the salad.
Whisk the EVOO into the dressing to combine (eyeball it). Dress the salad, toss and season with salt and pepper, to taste.