- 6 hot dogs, pork or beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- New England style dog rolls, top cut
- 2 rounded tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 rounded tablespoons ketchup
- 2 rounded tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pound Napa cabbage, shredded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
Place dogs in a medium skillet with 1 inch of water. Pierce the casings and bring water to a simmer. Cook 6-7 minutes, drain and add 1 tablespoon butter to the pan. Melt butter and crisp casings of dogs, browning over medium heat.
Remove dogs, wipe skillet and add another tablespoon of butter. Brown and crisp the rolls in melted butter.
While dogs and rolls cook, mix relish, ketchup, mustard, and vinegar in a bowl and add the cabbage. Coat well with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
Stuff dogs in rolls and top with mounds of slaw. Cut each dog into 3 pieces and serve.