- 6 cups chicken
- 3/4 pound ground beef, pork and veal
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed into a paste with a little salt (optional)
- 1/2 pound ditalini pasta
In a large, deep skillet or saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, then salt it and lower to a simmer.
Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ground meat, eggs, carrots, cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley and garlic paste, if using; season with pepper. Form into 1-inch balls. Drop the meatballs into the broth and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the pasta and cook until al dente, 6-7 minutes. Let cool before serving to your pooch! Season the people's portions with salt and pepper and sprinkle with more Parmigiano Reggiano.