- 1/2 pound ground lamb or chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked white or brown rice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin (eyeball it)
- A pinch of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 4 small round dinner rolls, split
Combine the meat, rice, yogurt, cumin, allspice and salt in a medium size bowl. Form four patties and drizzle each on one side with EVOO.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties, olive oil side down, for 3-4 minutes per side for well done but still juicy. Place the burgers on the rolls, chop into pieces and serve.