- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
- 3/4 pound chicken cutlets, cut into very thin strips
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inches of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- A couple generous handfuls of shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small head or 1/2 large head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (1/3 palmful)
- 1/3 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Bring water to a boil and salt it. Cook the spaghetti to al dente.
While the pasta cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil over high heat until the oil ripples. Add the chicken and stir fry until golden, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, shiitake mushrooms, scallions and cabbage and stir fry for 2-3 minutes more. Season the stir fry with salt and lots of black pepper and turn off heat.
Place the Tamari (eyeball it) and sesame oil in a bowl and add the hot pasta to the dish. Toss to coat, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place pasta in shallow bowl and top with stir fry.