- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 rounded teaspoon cumin
- A handful cilantro (about 1/2 tablespoon), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), canola oil, or corn oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend or coarse salt and pepper
- Five Vegetable Slaw Salad, recipe follows
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, red onion and sliced avocado
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 4 crusty rolls, split
Five Vegetable Slaw Salad:
- 1 pound packaged shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut crosswise into thin slices
4 scallions (greens and whites), sliced thinly on an angle
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup honey (3 healthy drizzles)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or light colored oil (a couple of glugs)
- Salt and pepper
Combine first five ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Coat chicken in dressing and set aside for 10 minutes.
Grill chicken on an indoor grill pan for 6-7 minutes on each side or pan fry over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet, uncovered, 6-7 minutes per side.
Slice chicken breasts on an angle and pile meat on roll bottoms. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion and sliced avocado. Spread salsa on roll tops as a condiment.
To prepare Five Vegetable Slaw Salad: combine vegetables in a bowl. In another small bowl, whisk lime juice and honey, and drizzle in oil to combine dressing. Pour dressing over slaw and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve sandwiches with Five Vegetable Slaw Salad and assorted tortilla chips.