- 1 1/2 cups plain whole milk yogurt, preferably Greek
- 3 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grated peel and juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat chopped or shredded
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds, toasted
- Salt and pepper
- Toasted pita or other flatbread, to pass around the table
In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, curry paste, honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, garlic and ginger. Add the chicken, mango, bell pepper, onion, celery and nuts and toss to combine.
Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper and pass the pita around the table.