- 3 chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 4 flour tortilla wraps (12 inches)
For the salad:
- 1/2 English (seedless) cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots, available packaged in the produce department at the grocery store
- 3 scallions, sliced on an angle
- 12 leaves basil, chopped or torn
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
For the spicy peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup room temperature chunky peanut butter, softened in the microwave if it has been refrigerated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Heat a grill pan over high heat. Toss the chicken with soy sauce and oil and grill for 6 minutes on each side.
Combine the cucumber, sprouts, carrots, scallions, basil, mint and sesame with a generous sprinkle of sugar and vinegar. Season the salad with salt, to taste.
Whisk the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne together. Stream in the vegetable oil.
Slice the cooked chicken on an angle. Toss with the veggies and herbs.
In a very hot nonstick skillet, or over a gas burner, heat the tortillas for 15 seconds on each side.
Pile the chicken and veggies in the wraps and drizzle liberally with spicy peanut sauce before wrapping and rolling.