- A handful of cilantro leaves
- A handful of mint leaves
- A handful of basil leaves
- 1 cup Greek style plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cumin (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Chicken Seasoning (1 1/3 palmful)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 pita pockets
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 8 leaves tender lettuce
- Spiced exotic chips, such as taro root chips
Place the herbs in a food processor and pulse grind them into a fine chop.
In a bowl, combine the herbs, yogurt, cumin and grill seasoning. Add the meat and mix to combine. Form into four large, very thin patties.
Wash up and pre-heat a large nonstick skillet with a couple tablespoons EVOO, about two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Heat a small second skillet over high heat and blister the pitas on each side. Cut tops off the bread and fill pita pockets with patties, lettuce and chutney.