- 5 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 small head napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/3 English (seedless) cucumber, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/4 cups chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped mint
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large potatoes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- 4 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 4 slices yellow tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- Sliced sweet pickles, for garnish
In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, the lime juice, vinegar and hot pepper sauce. Add the cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, 3/4 cup scallions and the mint; season with salt and pepper.
Pre-heat the oven to 450°.
On a baking sheet, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, the five-spice powder, salt and pepper. Bake until crisp at the edges, 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the chicken with the grill seasoning, poppy seeds, lemon peel and the remaining 1/2 cup scallions. Form into four patties.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken patties and cook until the juices run clear, about 6 minutes on each side.
In a small bowl, combine the mustard, lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons honey. Set each burger on a roll bottom; top with a lettuce leaf, tomato slice, onion slice and pickles. Slather the bun tops with the honey mustard and cover the burgers. Serve with the slaw and potatoes.