- Four tuna steaks (6-8 ounces each), coarsely chopped
- Flat leaf parsely, chopped (a generous handful)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup pitted niçoise olives
- 3 tablespoons capers
- One can anchovy fillets (2 ounces), drained
- 4 large crusty rolls, split
- 8 leaves green leaf lettuce
In a bowl, mix the tuna, parsley, rosemary, thyme and lemon peel; season with salt and pepper. Form into four large patties.
In a large skillet, bring one inch of water to a boil, salt it, add the green beans and cook for 5 minutes. Immediately rinse the beans under cold water and drain. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes and some onion. Drizzle with EVOO; season with salt and pepper. Top with the eggs. Set aside.
Using a food processor, puree the olives, capers, anchovies and a drizzle of olive oil.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons EVOO, two turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the patties; cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium doneness. Spread the olive paste on the rolls. Set the tuna patties, lettuce leaves and remaining red onion on each roll bottom. Serve with the green bean salad.