- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 small McIntosh apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
- 4 jumbo/sandwich size English muffins, fork-split
- 8 large eggs
- A splash of cold milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
Pre-heat broiler and pre-heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, about one turn of the pan, and 1 tablespoon butter. Mix the chicken with apple, syrup, grill seasoning, poultry seasoning, cinnamon and nutmeg and score the meat into four sections. Form four large, thin patties and set into hot butter and oil. Cook 5 minutes on each side.
Place the fork-split muffins on broiler pan and toast. Butter toasted muffins and reserve.
Heat a second nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan. Beat the eggs with milk, salt and pepper and scramble to desired doneness.
Pile one sausage patty, a quarter of the eggs and a quarter of the cheddar cheese on each of four muffin halves. Return the muffins to broiler to melt the cheese, 1-2 minutes, then set tops into place and serve.