- 1 loaf semolina or chewy bread, torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 6 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, (eyeball it)
- 1 cup seafood stock, clam juice or chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- A generous handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup store-bought olive tapenade
- 1/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet and toast until crusty all over, 10 minutes.
Heat about 1/4 cup EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add anchovy paste and stir. Then add the shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and capers, cook for another 3-4 minutes more. Add wine and reduce a minute. Add stock and heat through. Then add the lemon juice, butter and parsley and stir, cooking for another minute.
Place bread into bowls and drizzle with remaining EVOO then top with shrimp and pan juices. Place a bowl out to collect tails.
Combine the tapenade and pesto and pour over arranged slices of tomatoes and red onions. Serve with shrimp bread bowls.