- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- One 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, such as McCormick brand Montreal Steak Seasoning (about a palmful)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 small napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Hoisin sauce, to pass around the table
In a medium bowl, mix the chicken with the scallions, ginger, Tamari (eyeball it), garlic and grill seasoning. Form into eight small patties. Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high to high heat. until smoking. Add the patties and cook until well done, about 5 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat to smoking, then add the cabbage and stir fry until wilted. Season with salt and add the sesame seeds.
Pile the cabbage on plates and serve with two chicken patties per person. Pass the hoisin sauce around the table.