- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into short matchsticks or shredded on the large holes side of a box grater
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium leeks, white and tender green parts split lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise and cleaned
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4-1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese (a couple of handfuls)
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach, whole or coarsely chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO, three turns of the pan, over medium-high heat. (If the skillet does not have an ovenproof handle, wrap the handle in a double layer of foil.) Add the zucchini and bell pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add the leeks and garlic and cook until the leeks are wilted, 3-4 minutes.
Beat the eggs with the cream and hot sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add the eggs to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes without stirring to let the bottom cook, then transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until set, 10-15 minutes.
During the last minute or two of cooking, top the frittata with the cheese. Cut the frittata into six wedges and top with the spinach.