- 4 slices turkey bacon
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling
- 2 chicken cutlets (6 1/2 ounces)
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- A few dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce, torn in half
In a medium size nonstick skillet, over medium-low heat, cook the turkey bacon until crisp, about 11 minutes.
Wipe out the skillet and drizzle with a little EVOO. Cook the chicken, turning once, until opaque, about 3 minutes on each side.
For the pup, finely chop one piece of chicken, two pieces of toast and two slices of bacon and combine in a bowl. Moisten with the broth and serve.
For yourself, season the remaining one piece of chicken with salt and pepper and set aside. Mash the avocado and mix in the tomato, lime juice and hot pepper sauce; season with salt. Top one piece of toast with half of the avocado mash, the lettuce, the reserved chicken, the remaining two slices of bacon, more avocado mash and the remaining piece of toast. Cut the sammy from corner to corner.