- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, (eyeball it)
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Place the tomatoes on a baking dish and drizzle with a little EVOO and season with some salt and pepper and transfer to the oven. Roast until the tomatoes start to burst, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool, transfer to a salad bowl and slightly smash up the tomatoes with a fork, add the minced red onion and the mustard and vinegar. In a slow steady steam, pour in the EVOO, to taste, while mixing with a fork. Add the romaine lettuce and toss to combine.