- 2 pounds gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ribs celery from the heart, finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 small jar marinated mushrooms, drained (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (a couple of handfuls)
Place a large pot of water over high heat to boil the gnocchi.
Once the water is boiling, drop the gnocchi into the pot and cook them for 3 minutes, or until they float.
While the gnocchi are cooking, grab a large mixing bowl and whisk together the Dijon mustard and white wine vinegar. Stream the EVOO into the bowl while whisking, then season the dressing with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add your veggies and parsley to the mixing bowl.
Drain the gnocchi and toss them, still hot, into the mixing bowl. You can serve the salad now or let it chill out in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to develop more of the flavors. Freshen it up with an extra drizzle of EVOO when you are ready to serve.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.