- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded, available in the produce section at the grocery store
- 4 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the white wine vinegar, sugar and EVOO with some salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir the crumbled blue cheese into the dressing, then add the red and white cabbage and scallions to the bowl and give everything a hearty toss.
You can serve the salad immediately or let it chill out in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to develop more of the flavors.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.