- 3 quarts packaged or canned vegetable stock or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh linguine, available in dairy aisle
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite-size chunks or chicken breast cut for stir fry
- 8 scallions, cut into bite-size pieces on an angle
- 2 cups shredded carrots, available packaged in the produce section at the grocery store
- 1 package shiitake mushrooms (about 24 mushrooms or 10 ounces), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 head bok choy, trimmed and shredded
- 1/2 pound snow peas, cut in half on an angle
- Chopped fresh cilantro and/or chives, for garnish (optional)
Heat three quarts of vegetable stock or chicken broth to a boil in a soup pot. In a separate pot, cook linguine according to package directions and drain.
Add chicken to boiling broth. Poach chicken five minutes in broth.
Ladle soup into four deep bowls, equally distributing broth and chicken. Divide veggies into four equal amounts and place in the bowls. Divide cooked fresh pasta into four equal amounts and place into the bowls. Cover bowls and allow to steep for 3-4 minutes. Gently incorporate noodles up from the bottom of each bowl and serve.
Noodle bowls may be garnished with cilantro and or chives for an extra herby zing.