- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound button mushrooms, trimmed of large stems and brushed clean
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons medium dry sherry, such as Dry Sack brand
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped (a handful)
Pre-heat a medium size skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon of EVOO, one turn of the pan, and 2 tablespoons butter.
Once the butter has melted, add the crushed garlic and the mushrooms, stem ends up. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the cap tops are brown. Flip the mushrooms to the other side, then add the sherry and the orange zest and juice and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and cooked through. Add the parsley to the pan and toss to distribute.
Serve hot or at room temperature.