- 1/2 pound Prosciutto di Parma, 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami, 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound mortadella, 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 pound hot sopressata or pepperoni
- 1 pound sharp provolone
- 1 1/2-2 cups giardiniera (hot pickled vegetable salad), plus about 3 tablespoons brine
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 hot pickled Italian cherry peppers
- 1 cup packed pitted Sicilian green olives (not cerignola olives)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- About 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 loaf sesame bread for crostini rounds, sliced into 36 pieces and toasted
- 6-8 sesame Kaiser rolls, quartered
- 24 ciabatta rolls, split
Dice the meats and cheese into quarter-inch dice and place in bowl or shallow dish.
Combine the giardiniera, 3 tablespoons brine, garlic, chili peppers, olives and parsley in a food processor and pulse into a fine chop. Add the mixture to the meats and cheeses and top the salad with about 1/2 cup EVOO; toss to combine.
Surround the salad with the bread and serve.