- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley (a generous handful), chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus 2 teaspoons grated peel
- Juice of 1 lime, plus 2 teaspoons grated peel
- Segments of 1 orange, chopped, plus 2 teaspoons grated peel
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Four pieces mahi-mahi, halibut or orange roughy (6-8-ounces each)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
In a shallow dish, combine 2 tablespoons EVOO, the parsley, lemon juice and peel, lime juice and peel, orange peel, hot sauce and thyme; season with salt and pepper. Add the fish and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium.
In a medium size saucepan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon EVOO, one turn of the pan, over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and scallions, season with salt and pepper and cook until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the couscous; cover and keep warm.
Grill the fish until cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side.
Fluff the couscous, then mix in the chopped orange. Serve with the fish.