- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1 baguette, split lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced ham, chopped
- 2 cups Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 heads frisée lettuce, torn
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
In a small saucepan, cook the butter and flour over medium-low heat, whisking, for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, then season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and whisk in 1 tablespoon mustard.
Slather a quarter of the white sauce over each baguette quarter, then top with the ham, Gruyère and thyme. Bake until the cheese is bubbly, about 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the shallot and vinegar. Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons mustard, then whisk in the EVOO. In a large bowl, combine the frisée, cucumber and radish; toss with the dressing. Serve the salad with the pizza.