- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough (13x10"), defrosted
- 1 6 ounce container herb garlic cheese like Boursin
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400F
Place a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Once hot, add the bacon and cook stirring every now and then until crispy, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon from the skillet to a paper towel-lined plate.
Remove all but about 2 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet, return the skillet to the heat and add the onion to the pan and cook until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with the bacon. Season with some pepper and let cool.
Lay the pastry dough out on a nonstick baking sheet. Spread the Boursin cheese evenly over the dough then top with bacon-onion mixture and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
Transfer to the oven and bake until golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Once the dough is done baking, let cool then cut into 1 1/2- 2inch squares (about 35 total).