- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning, (a palmful)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 button mushrooms, stems removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound Havarti with dill cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice*
- Salt and pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling, plus a couple tablespoons
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped or snipped with kitchen scissors
- 3-4 tablespoons capers, drained - run your knife through them once
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in 1/2 lengthwise, then sliced into half moons
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded then thinly sliced
- 1 pound sack washed baby spinach
- 2-3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 crusty poppy seed rolls or other burger buns of choice
- 2 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 sack gourmet potato chips, such as Terra Chips Onion and Herb Yukon Gold or Blue Potato chips
Combine ground chicken, poultry seasoning, chopped shallots, Dijon mustard, chopped mushroom, diced Havarti, salt and pepper, and a drizzle of EVOO. Mix thoroughly. Score the meat with your hand marking 4 equal portions. Form each portion into large 1-inch thick patties.
Pre-heat a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle EVOO over the patties and place them in the hot skillet. Cook 6 minutes per side until the patties are firm to the touch and cooked through.
While the burgers are cooking prepare the herb caper sauce and mod salad. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chopped dill and capers then season with salt and pepper.
In a salad bowl combine the cucumbers, half of the red onion, plum tomatoes and 3/4 sack of baby spinach. Dress the salad with white wine vinegar, salt and pepper then drizzle with a couple tablespoons EVOO to coat the salad lightly and evenly. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper, to your taste.
Split the rolls or buns. Place the burgers on the bun bottoms. Top with sliced radishes, baby spinach and a heaping spoonful of herb-caper dressing slathered across the bun tops. Add remaining sauce into the salad and combine to give your salad a creamy finish. Fancy chips finish the plate.
The colder the semi-soft Havarti with dill cheese is the easier it will be to dice it. Pop the cheese in the freezer while you prep everything else. Because of the fat content of the cheese, just 10 minutes in a deep freeze makes the dicing a real breeze!