- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling, plus 2-3 tablespoons
- 4 tuna steaks (6-8 ounces each), sliced 1-inch thick
- Salt and pepper
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- A handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (about 10 leaves), torn or chopped
Heat a grill pan or indoor/outdoor grill to high.
Drizzle EVOO over the tuna steaks; spread it around, then season with salt and pepper.
Combine the tomatoes, onion, parsley and basil in a bowl. Dress with 2-3 tablespoons EVOO, enough to coat the tomatoes evenly. Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper, to taste. Let the sauce marinate for at least 10 minutes.
When you are ready to eat, grill the steaks for 2 minutes on each side for rare, 3 minutes for medium and 4 minutes for opaque, well done. Stir the sauce up, then serve liberal amounts of it on top of the steaks.