- 1 pound spaghetti or whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat water for the pasta. Once boiling, salt the water and add the spaghetti. Cook to al dente, according to the package directions, reserving 1 cup of the starchy cooking water right before draining.
After you drop in the pasta and it has been cooking for 2-3 minutes, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the lime zest, red pepper flakes, chives, parsley and mint, cook for 2 minutes, then add in the reserved starchy cooking water.
Drain the pasta, add it to the pan and toss with the honey and lime juice. Toss the pasta for 2 minutes to absorb the juices and season with salt, to taste.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.