- 4 white, thin-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced into wedges
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, cracked from skins
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (3-4 sprigs), finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 fillets red snapper (6-8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 scallions, whites and greens, finely chopped
Heat the oven to 500°F.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle about 3 tablespoons of EVOO over them. Add crushed garlic to the potatoes and season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes and garlic to evenly coat in EVOO and seasonings, then roast for 25 minutes until tender and golden at edges.
Once the potatoes have reached their halfway point, heat the remaining 1/4 cup EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Season the fish with salt and lots of black pepper.
Combine the cornmeal, flour, cheese, and the zest of 1 lemon on a plate and coat the fish evenly. Add the fish to the skillet skin-side up and cook until deeply golden brown, about 8 minutes total, turning occasionally.
While the fish cooks, toss to combine: tomatoes, parsley, scallions, juice of 1 lemon and a drizzle of EVOO. Season the raw sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
Serve the fish with a little raw sauce on top, potatoes alongside.