- 8 slices good quality bacon
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoons paprika or smoked sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning, (2/3 palmful)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning, (a palmful)
- A handful chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons, finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon, finely chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
- 4 crusty whole-wheat Keiser rolls
- 12 pieces green leaf lettuce
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 8 slices avocado
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Bake bacon on slotted broiler pan until crisp 15-20 minutes.
Combine meat with paprika, poultry seasoning, grill seasoning, parsley and shallots. Mix well and form into 4 (1/2 pound) patties. Heat the EVOO in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook meat patties 14-15 minutes, turning once.
Mix buttermilk with the sour cream, garlic, lemon juice, hot sauce, chives, dill, salt and pepper, to taste.
Split and toast rolls. Place burgers on bun bottoms and top with 2 slices bacon, lettuce, season tomatoes and set in place, arrange avocado on top of tomatoes. Top bun tops with buttermilk dressing and set in place.