- 1 ripe avocado, halved lengthwise, pit removed
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/2 medium size red onion, chopped
- 2-3 medium size tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro or flat leaf parsley (about a palmful), chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Chop and slice the lime, onion, tomatoes and cilantro. Cut all around ripe avocado lengthwise and down to the pit. Ask a grown-up helper (GH) for help with the chopping and slicing if you need it.
Twist and separate the halved avocado. Remove the pit with a spoon, then scoop the flesh out in one piece from both halves and place each half on a plate. Squeeze 1/2 lime over them to keep them from turning brown.
In a bowl, add tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lime. Toss to combine.
Spoon tomato mixture over the avocado and serve.
This is a great recipe for kids and the whole family from Yum-o! It's good AND good for you. For more information about Yum-o! go to the Yum-o! website.