- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled frozen edamame, defrosted
- 1/2 head napa or Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cucumber, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced on an angle
- 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle
- 3/4 pound deli-sliced chicken breast, torn or thinly sliced
- 1 cup crispy noodles from leftover take-out packets (optional)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, available on the Asian foods aisle at the grocery store
In a salad bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, Tamari, hot sauce, oil, salt, pepper, ginger and garlic.
Add in the edamame, cabbage, pepper, cucumber, mushrooms, scallions, chicken and crispy noodles, if you choose to include them. Toss everything together to coat and garnish with sesame seeds.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.