- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 2 limes, juiced
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (a palmful)
- 1/2 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
Pre-heat the grill over medium-high heat.
Husk the corn and douse it with lime juice, drizzle with EVOO and season with salt. Grill the corn to char it all over, 10-12 minutes.
Combine the vinegar and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat, then stir in the Worcestershire, grill seasoning, ketchup or tomato sauce and hot sauce. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
Baste the corn liberally with the sauce and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove the corn from the grill; cover with chopped scallions and serve.