- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons harissa or red chili paste
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander (about 1/3 palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (about 1/3 palmful)
- 2 pinches of cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh mint (a generous handful), finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 8 ounces coleslaw mix
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 crusty rolls, split
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Combine the lamb, harissa, garlic, lemon peel, coriander, cumin and cinnamon; season with salt and pepper. Form into 4-inch patties and drizzle with EVOO. Grill the patties, turning once, for 7 minutes for medium-rare.
In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mint, scallions and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons EVOO and the vinegar. Add the coleslaw mix and red onion and toss; season with salt and pepper.
To serve, place a pile of slaw on each roll bottom, then top with a burger, yogurt sauce and a roll top. Serve extra slaw on the side.