- 1 package corn muffin mix, such as Jiffy brand
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus some for frying
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Anaheim pepper or poblano pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Combine the corn muffin mix with the egg, 2 tablespoons oil and milk to make a batter. Stir in the pepper, corn and cheddar cheese.
Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in a large skillet and cook six small 3-inch cakes at a time for 2-3 minutes on the first side and 1-2 minutes on the second side, until evenly deep golden in color. Transfer to a paper towel lined-plate and salt the fritter cakes. Repeat, adding and heating a little additional oil for the second batch.