- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 carrot, grated, plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 12-cup muffin pans. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, carrot, egg and honey; stir in 3 cups water.
In another large bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and baking powder; mix into the carrot mixture.
Fill each muffin cup about three quarters full. Bake until firm and dry, about 45 minutes. Let cool, then top each cupcake with more grated carrot and smear with cream cheese.