- 1/2 small seedless watermelon, flesh chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs (eyeball it)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard (1/3 of a palmful)
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander (half a palmful)
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika (half a palmful)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
In a bowl, combine the watermelon, green bell pepper, onion, jalapeño and lime juice and season with a little salt and pepper. Stir to combine and reserve.
In a shallow dish, combine the cornflake crumbs, dry mustard, coriander and paprika. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper, then coat them thoroughly in the seasoned cornflake crumbs.
Pre-heat a large nonstick skillet with two turns of the pan of EVOO, about 2 tablespoons, over medium-high heat. Once the oil starts to ripple, add the tilapia and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
Top the fish with some of the watermelon salsa and serve.
This is one of many "Yum-o!" recipes – it's good and good for you. To find out more about Yum-o!, Rachael's nonprofit organization, go to www.yum-o.org.