- 1 head garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), plus some for drizzling, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese, shredded
- 8-10 leaves basil, cut into thin strips
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cheesy bread, home-made or store-bought, or foccacia
Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
Cut the garlic head a third of the way down from the top to expose the cloves. Drizzle the open end of the garlic with some EVOO, wrap in foil and place in oven for 45-60 minutes. Once the garlic is roasted, remove from the oven to cool. When it's cool enough to handle, you can either squeeze the garlic out or remove each individual clove.
In a medium size mixing bowl, mash the garlic cloves until a paste is formed. Add in the remaining 3 tablespoons EVOO and the rest of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Serve with some cheesy bread and dip away! You can also spread the dip on focaccia and pop it in the oven until the cheese melts. Delish!