- 2 1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning or coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3-4 ribs celery with leafy greens, finely chopped
- A generous handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow hot pepper rings, chopped
Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, then salt the water. Cook the potatoes for 12-15 minutes, until tender.
While the potatoes cook, combine the spices and mustard with the vinegar, whisk in the EVOO and add the onions, celery and parsley to the bowl. Drain the potatoes and toss them in the dressing while they're still hot; they'll absorb more dressing and flavor. Garnish the salad with chopped hot peppers.