- 4 1-inch-thick sirloin steaks (about 10-12 ounces each), at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, cracked from skin and halved
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), for drizzling, plus 2 tablespoons
- 4 sprigs rosemary, very finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper or grill seasoning, if desired
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1 pint multi-color, yellow or red cherry heirloom tomatoes or 2 medium vine-ripe tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, for grating
Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high to high heat.
Rub the room temperature meat with cut the garlic. Drizzle the meat with EVOO, rub with rosemary and season liberally with salt and pepper or grill seasoning. Cook the steaks for 4 minutes on each side for medium doneness; let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
Dress the greens and halved or chopped tomatoes with the juice of one lemon, 2 tablespoons EVOO and salt and pepper. Pile the salad on top of the sliced steak. Garnish with long grates of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, made with vegetable peeler.