- 1 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 5-6 anchovies
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 stems oregano, leaves stripped and finely chopped
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 pounds Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
Bring the water to a boil for the pasta; salt the water and cook the pasta just shy of al dente.
While the water comes to a boil, heat the EVOO over medium to medium-high heat. Add the anchovies and melt into the EVOO. Add the tomatoes, onion and garlic to the pan and season with crushed red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley and pepper. Sauté until the tomatoes and onions are soft, 8-10 minutes.
Add the wine and reduce for 1-2 minutes, then melt the butter into the sauce and add the clams to pot. Cover the pot and cook the clams until they open, 6-7 minutes.
Remove any unopened clams and add the pasta to the pan. Toss the linguine with the sauce for about 2-3 minutes so the pasta absorbs the flavors. Add the basil to pasta and taste to adjust the seasonings.